Casting

The other day I finally finished my last and decided it was ready to be casted, we melted down this latex like material, made a box to fit the plaster last into and poured the liquid into the box. When it had set properly I realised that there was some air bubbles in the cast that would rip because they were to close to the plaster and so i had to melt some more  down and fill the holes. When we came to take the plaster out of the cast, there must have been a crack init and the plaster broke, however the cast works and i have produced several more casts.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s